Zorba Consulting Limited is a Recruitment Agency and Consultancy based at 4 Lambourne Close, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1DL with contact number 01372 731 990.
Why we collect your information?
Zorba Consulting Limited receives and collects personal data to allow us to undertake our recruitment business activities. Any data requested or received whether it be from a CV supplied to us in response to a job advert, a CV from an external or our database, information gained from our interviews, or client contact details, will be used upon your permission for recruitment purposes only.
If you do not want Zorba Consulting Limited registering or storing your personal data then please do not submit your Curriculum Vitae for any roles we advertise as we will be unable to process your application.
Who we collect if from?
We collect personal data of the following types to enable us to do business:
- Client contacts – for live jobs and also those we are prospecting.
- Candidates for both permanent and contract jobs – those we have placed and are trying to find jobs for.
- Supplier contact details that help us run our business.
The lawful basis for us processing your data
Our lawful basis for processing personal data is dependent on the recruitment activity we are completing and includes the following:
Legitimate interest – As a recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent and contract job opportunities so the exchange of personal data of our candidates to client contacts is an essential part of this process.
Consent – When specifically searching for an individual candidate to fulfil their job needs.
Legal obligation – Once successfully placing a candidate in a job we are required to provide personal data of that candidate to the client.
Where do we get your information from and what personal data do we store?
We lawfully use various methods to gain information to assist us carry out our day to day business. Most of this information is gained by correspondence over the phone, email, SMS, Social media, Websites or other messaging services. However, it does also include information you provide in the following:
- When you apply for a job through our website (zorbaconsulting.com).
- When you apply for a job we have advertised on various online job boards.
- When you register or update your details on an online database that we subscribe to.
- When you register as a candidate to go onto our database.
- When you use our referral scheme to refer friends or work colleagues.
- When you register a new vacancy with us.
The information that you provide and we collect and store may include your name, address/location, email address, telephone number, education, training, employment history, work status, nationality, UK residency status, identity, proof of eligibility to work, salary, benefits, references, online identifiers (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or GitHub) and Limited or Umbrella Company details.
If you do not give permission to Zorba Consulting Limited registering or storing your personal data then please do not submit your Curriculum Vitae for any roles we advertise as we will be unable to process your application.
Who do we share it with?
Once a job or client has been discussed with you, following your confirmation of interest and permission to store and share your information, we share it with them. If you want us to send your CV to a number of clients then we will only share it with ones that are agreed with you.
We do not share any information with third parties or partners for marketing purposes.
How do we process your details?
Your details are processed by one of the staff from our Epsom office and then stored on our cloud based CRM system. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this is secure, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We make every effort to protect your personal data using procedures and security to try and prevent unauthorised access.
How long do we store it for?
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it. For example, if you have an interview arranged through us and the client want to hire you in the next 12 months they need to go through us.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
We may also need to keep the details to satisfy any legal, accounting or regulatory purposes. For example, Company Financial records, Payroll details, Terms of Engagement with contract/temporary workers and Terms of Business for Clients are kept for 7 years as required for Accounting purposes.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10).
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- If you do not want to be put forward for a job opportunity or to a certain client that we discuss with you then please tell us.
- if you have previously agreed that we can use and/or store your personal information you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 4 Lambourne Close, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1DL.
GDPR provides you with the following rights. To:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party in certain formats, if practicable.
How can you access, amend or delete information?
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. You can contact us by please writing to Zorba Consulting, 4 Lambourne Close, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1DL or email@example.com. As mentioned above this is subject to a fee specified by law, currently £10.
We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your personal data is accurate and complete. If you believe that any of your information is incorrect or incomplete then please contact us using the above methods.
If you would like us to delete your information or remove you from our database then again please contact us via the methods above. Where we have placed a candidate or they have interviewed we are required to retain evidence for our contractual obligations to the client. We will take steps to ensure only minimal personal data is retained and will not make further contact.
We aim to respond to these requests within 30 days of initial contact.
How to make a complaint?
If you are not happy with how we are processing your personal data then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review and investigate your complaint. Our aim is to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
If you remain unhappy with the handling of your data then you can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We make every effort to ensure your data is protected and do not share it with any outside parties without asking. We have always believed in a transparent approach to the way we work whether it be with candidates, clients or suppliers. We do our best to keep everyone informed and provide as much information as we can during the recruitment process.
We hope you enjoy using our service.